It took a leap of faith to order this pattern as the styling of the photo on the front cover didn’t really appeal. The diagrams on the back cover offered promise and the reviews on sewdirect were all so positive that I thought I’d give it a go. It’s fair to say I wasn’t disappointed as I’ve already made it three times with no alterations necessary. I made view D each time, though I added a full collar on two of the shirts. The finished garment has a lot of volume so I felt the waist ties were an important design feature. Having made the longer version I’m not tempted to make one of the other designs as they really would be pretty short.
The suggested fabrics were Georgette, Challis, Crepe de Chine, Cotton Voile. I made my first attempt in a light-weight cotton/silk mix covered in splodges (to hide the sticky fingerprints a toddler produces), the second in a cotton voile with a hummingbird print and the third in a green silk chiffon. Choosing sheer fabrics worked well with the full volume design though the silk chiffon was a little fiddly to work with.