Back in January I made my friend some clothes for her newborn twins. At the time I wanted something very practical so made some jersey co-ordinates. Now they’re a little bigger I wanted to make some fun little rompers in a design that I’ve been working on.
As the weather is not yet warm here but showing signs of promise I used some super-soft Robert Kaufman cotton flannels. The design is for dungaree romper suits that could be worn over tights and blouses or without when the weather gets hotter.
It features a bib at the front with cross over straps and buttons on the back. The bottom half has plenty of volume but is gathered in with elastic at the legs.
I also added poppers at the crotch to make nappy changing easier (no one needs that to be harder when they’ve got twins!). Overall I’m very happy with how the style has worked out although the sizing might need a little tweaking.
Now to the x2 bit. Well in news that I’m still regularly squealing in delight, inter-dispersed with weeping with joy about, my brother and his wife welcomed their identical twin girls into the world last week!!!
I had sent a couple of tiny sized newborn sleepsuits to them before the birth so have made this co-ordinating set up for them when they are a little bigger.One outfit was made using the same self-drafted romper pattern using some striped linen found in a remnants basket.
The second outfit is a set of bloomers from the same linen fabric and a white swiss dot cotton tunic made using the free little Geranium dress pattern from Made by Rae.
Eeeek!! Twin nieces!!