Back in August my daughters were delighted to be asked to be flower girls at my brother’s wedding. Why it’s taken me until October (especially when in an unusual burst of organisation I made them in May) to blog about them I’m not quite sure.
As it was a fairly informal garden wedding I had suggested that I just made them both a nice summer dress, but they were adamant they wanted matching traditional style occasion dresses. I imagine there won’t be many more years that they might request this so I was happy to oblige and chose to use a version of the Oliver + S Fairytale dress with slightly more volume added to the skirt.
I managed to make them both with the smaller selection of sizes as the larger dress is just a lengthened size 4.The smaller dress is a straight size 3. To increase the volume of both the skirts I increased the width of the pattern pieces by half again.
View A of the pattern features tulip sleeves and a sewn on waistband with faux bow detail.
The fabric for the dresses wasn’t actually harvested from curtains, but from some vintage bedsheets I’d picked up in a car boot sale on holiday in France.
So that’s fairytale dresses for a fairytale wedding out of old bed sheets.