Polina Dress

DSC_0771A rather hopeful/premature summer dress made as part of the testing process for Coffee and Thread’s new pattern – the Polina Dress.DSC_0759I made this version fairly early in the testing process so a few changes have been made since then, and I ended up compromising the design slightly after making it to get the dress to fit my daughter. I graded between a size 6 in width and a 9 in length using the frills of the size 9. The bodice ended up too long (it has since been shortened) and because I was too lazy to alter the frills I decided to just shorten the bodice trapping the frills (which in the design as supposed to finish above the waist) in the waistline.DSC_0775I used a viscose linen for the dress which I dyed using a mixture of Bahama Blue and Sunflower yellow Dylon dye. The true colour is mint green, so not quite as blue as it looks in these photos. To reduce bulk, and add contrast, I lined the frills in a coral pink cotton voile.DSC_0829

If you’d like to win a copy of the pattern (and some fabric!) please enter the giveaway via the rafflecopter below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s